The ATS Stage 5 Package is designed for trucks that are used for light/moderate/heavy towing, greater-than-stock power levels and racing/street performance..
- ATS Built E4OD Auto Trans
- ATS 5 Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter
- ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- ATS Billet Input Shaft
- ATS Co-Pilot Torque Converter Lock-Up Controller
- ATS Billet Flex Plate
- ATS Billet Intermediate Shaft
The Stage 5 package includes a billet input shaft for increased reliability when towing heavy loads, under modified power levels or street performance. The ATS billet input shaft is designed to handle a greater torsional loads than the factory shaft, this increases reliability. The shaft is made of billet 300M material and precisely machined for an exact fit.
ATS provides a lock-up controller for the torque converter on the Stage 5 setup. This allows the you to base lock-up on the vehicles speed in any forward gear. The controller provides several benefits, including increased fuel economy, lower transmission operating temperatures and more power to the ground, at a lower speed. This feature becomes useful in towing situations and performance applications ' where power at low rpm's is desired. For trucks with an exhaust brake, the controller will synchronize torque converter lock-up with the brake. This will allow the converter to stay locked on deceleration to increase braking force.
The Stage 5 also features a billet flex plate. The billet flex plate is designed for high horsepower/torque trucks and those that tow heavy. The ATS billet flex plate is the first point of power transfer from the motor to the transmission assembly. By using a billet steel flex plate, the reliability of power transfer from the crankshaft to the torque converter is considerably increased. ATS Diesel also added a billet intermediate shaft to the Stage 5 package. This is crucial for trucks with aftermarket injectors, high pressure oil pump, custom tuning, and turbos. During high torque situations (i.e. racing), ATS' billet intermediate shaft will help to absorb the torsional loads to transfer power through the transmission. Without a billet intermediate shaft, the transmission is at risk for failure during heavy towing/competition use.
ATS E4OD's feature:
- ATS Five Star Torque Converter featuring a billet cover, five lock-up clutches
- High performance overdrive, intermediate and forward clutch packs, with one additional clutch added per section
- Modified transmission pump to increase line pressure, which provides increased clamping force on the clutch packs
- Modified valve body that focuses around precise shifts, increase line pressure and increasing the torque capacity of the E4OD
- New bearings, seals and gaskets
- New low roller clutch, heavy duty intermediate sprag, bonded coast and overdrive pistons
- ATS Deep Transmission Pan which adds 5 quarts of fluid over stock, which helps keep the transmission cool
The transmission package comes with a 5 year / 500,000 mile warranty.