Thumbnail Filmstrip of Sky Manufacturing (78-97) 4x4 2" & 4.5" Rear Shackle Flip Kit Images
Sky Manufacturing (78-97) 4x4 2" & 4.5" Rear Shackle Flip Kit
- Rear shackle flip kits position the shackle downward in order to allow the rear leaf springs to follow a more natural arc instead of fight the leaf spring under compression.
- Noticeable ride improvement.
- Kits fit the 3.5" overall width spring.
- Includes rear hangers and hardware for rear bolting hangers to frame.
- Sold in a set to replace each side of the vehicle.
- Hangers use factory bolts to attach hanger-shackle.
- Remove Factory Rivets and hanger
- Install Rear Shackle Flip (there is a left and right, line holes in frame up with bracket so it runs close to parallel with the frame) secure using 1/2-1.5” bolts. It is very common to need to die grind 1 or 2 holes in the frame to line up with the bracket. Ford stamped and riveted everything so nothing is ever quite the same twice.