S&B Cold Air Intake System (1994-97 Powerstroke)
S&B filters diesel performance intake kits are all about improving airflow to your truck's engine. The S&B 75-5027 flows 53.69% better then the OE induction system while removing 99.24% of the airborne dirt at the vehicle's rated flow. It's just a matter of superior design. Better airflow translates into a noticeable increase in power, acceleration and most importantly...bragging rights.
S&B's intake Kits are engineered to improve the airflow to your truck's engine. It starts with years of research and development, as well as the most technically advanced testing. S&B tests to the ISO 5011 Air Filtration Standard in a climate - controlled lab when designing and testing our intake kits. This is the same technology used by Ford, Chrysler and General Motors to design the original induction system that comes on your vehicle.
- This cold air intake for the 1994-1997 Powerstroke 7.3L was engineered to minimize air restriction and flow better than stock. This kit comes with a fully enclosed air box that protects the filter from dirt and keeps out engine heat.
INTEGRATED HOOD SCOOP:
- Is your OEM hood scoop missing? Can't find a replacement? S&B has you covered. The OBS Intake kit features an integrated hood scoop that feeds more air to the filter. More airflow equals better performance.
PREMIUM SILICONE COMPONENTS:
- The air filter, coupler, lid seal and box plug are all made with silicone. Silicone is a premium rubber that will seal better and last longer. It handles temperatures as high as 400F without cracking or tearing and won't deteriorate over time.
CHOOSE YOUR AIRFLOW:
- More air equals better performance. The 1994-1997 Powerstroke 7.3L intake features three air inlet points. If you want to customize the amount of air you take in, S&B provide an optional box plug that can seal off one inlet point. When to use the Box Plug? Stock intake boxes are a significant contributor to poor airflow which is why S&B designs custom air boxes with secondary and/or enlarged openings. With that said, S&B recognizes the benefits of cooler air, so we have included a plug to seal off the opening if desired. For optimal performance, S&B recommends that the intake be used without the box plug, except in conditions of an extreme heatwave.
- Featuring a snap-In lid design means no screws to secure it to the box. This makes installation and inspection quick and easy. The silicone edge trim provides a protective seal against unwanted, power-robbing engine heat and debris. This kit comes with a massive, highly-efficient air filter which results in better performance and protects your engine. Available in either 8-layer Cotton Cleanable or Dry Extendable media.